10 Fun Ideas for Pregnancy Announcement Cards
10 Clever Pregnancy Announcement Card Ideas
1. Sonogram Fun Scan the first sonogram image of your baby and print out dozens of copies to be the background of your announcement card. Secure the image to a postcard-sized piece of cardstock and affix a “Coming Soon” label to the upper right corner of the sonogram image with your baby’s due date.
2. Positively Exciting Find that picture you took of your positive pregnancy test—come on, we know you took one—and craft a digital photo card around it. Let the image do all the talking, but be prepared for the onslaught of calls, texts, and emails.
3. Bun in the Oven Place a hamburger bun on the middle shelf of your oven and snap a picture. Place the picture in a pre-designed pregnancy announcement and send it digitally to friends and family.
4. Big Sibs to the Rescue Dress your older child in a shirt that says “big brother” or “big sister” and take a picture. Print it out and send to loved ones, along with a small note with your baby’s due date.
5. Chalk it Up Buy a small chalkboard at the dollar store and draw a down arrow, as well as your baby’s due date. Have your partner take a picture of you holding the chalkboard with the focus on your mid-section. Make copies and send them out.
6. Seat’s Taken! Line up three chairs in the grass—one for you, one for your partner, and a smaller one for your baby-to-be. Set up your camera’s timer, sit down in your respective chairs and smile. The message will be clear, so relatives and friends may be knocking down your door to congratulate you in person.
7. Post That Tie a pretty bow around your exciting news and mail it to your family and friends.
8. Happy Birthday! Send a birthday party invitation online to loved ones, but keep the information vague so that they have to click through to learn the details.
Inside the invitation, ask that they celebrate, in spirit, your baby’s due date with you and your partner, as you’ll hopefully be welcoming your new addition on that particular day.
9. Oh, by the Way Write a note to a handful of your favorite person as though you’re simply checking in with them and just updating them on your life. At the bottom of the letter include a postscript that reads, “We’re expecting a baby on [insert due date].”
10. Ready for Your Close Up Craft a faux magazine cover with a picture of you and your baby bump front and center. The article headlines should reveal details about your pregnancy, such as your due date, food cravings, and the baby’s gender (if you know). Mail it off and wait for the well wishes.
Bonus: Winner! Order custom-made scratch-off cards that read, “Knock, knock! Who’s there?” Recipients will scratch the ticket to reveal “Baby [insert your last name], due on [insert your due date]”.
Spreading the Word
Sharing the thrilling news that you and you partner are going to be parents (perhaps even for the second, third or even fourth time) is momentous, so have fun with your announcement!
Join Pampers Club and get: